Friday, July 27, 2012

NEW STOLEN NIGHTS PUB DATE! oh and my top 20

Yahoo! Jan 29th!! I got the word today that Stolen Nights will be released even earlier than we expected. Wahoo!

I made a list of my favorite top 20 middle grade and YA books ever to send to my writer's group. With all this NPR stuff, I thought, I should do this too! So here it is.

Rebecca Maizel's TOP 20 Children's and YA reading list. This is in no particular order. Mainly because I am lazy.


1. John Green - Looking For Alaska - YA - (Realistic) 

2. Lisa Yee - Milicent Min Girl Genius - MG - (Realistic) 

3. Natalie Babbit - Tuck Everlasting - MG - (Fantasy) 

4. AM Jenkins - Beating Heart - (Prose/poetry - Fantasy) 

5. - Sherman Alexie - The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian - YA - (Realistic) 

6. JK Rowling -  Harry Potter 1-7 - MG/YA - (Fantasy) 

7. Notes From A Liar And Her Dog - Gennifer Choldenko - MG - (Realistic) 

8. Laurie Halse Anderson - Speak - YA - (Realistic) 

9. Tanya Lee Stone  - A Bad Boy Can Be Good For A Girl  - YA - (Prose poetry/Realistic)

10. Karen Hesse - The Music of Dolphins - young MG  (Realistic)

11. Courtney Summers - Some Girls Are - YA (Realistic)

12. Jandy Nelson - The Sky Is Everywhere - YA (Realistic)

13. Ellen Kushner - The Privilege of the Sword - YA (fantasy)

14. Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman - Why We Broke Up - YA (realistic) 

15. Lynda Mullaly Hunt - One For the Murphys - MG (realistic) 
 
16. Martha Brooks - Mistik Lake - YA (realistic, alternating points of view)

17. Jennifer Hubbard - The Secret Year - YA - (Realistic, epistolary)

18. Franny Billingsley - Chime - YA - (Fantasy)

19. E. Lockhart - The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - (Realistic)

20. Kristin Cashore - Graceling - (Fantasy..generally awesome)

oh!

21. Carrie Ryan -The Forest of Hands and Teeth - (Dystopian/fantasy?)

4 comments:

Callie Fairless said...

Seriously considering catching a flight to the UK for the sole purpose of obtaining a copy of Stolen Nights. I was expecting the release a long time ago and that reason has made me very anxious. Infinate Days is quite possibly one of the most well written and creative pieces of literature I have ever read.

WordCountMaximum said...

Wow, Callie. Thank you so much for that! Xo. SN comes out in Jan!! I hope you can wait for it!! :)

adilene hernandez said...

I just finished reading infinite days for the third time ;-) I love the book i can hardly wait for stolen nights...

Callie Fairless said...

Getting Lenah's tattoo this week!!! I'll post pics on my blog and on you tube if you wanna see it afterwards. Should be up by this Saturday! Yay!

Post a Comment