Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tea, Crumpets, and Judi Dench!

Oh yes. London. I have been here since Monday and I'm 90% sure I gained 10 lbs. The food here is ridiculous. I am here in the UK for 2 weeks before heading to Paris! On my personal Facebook page I have been posting a TOP 3 for every day I have been here. I thought I would share them here. Why not? Oh and apparently Kim Kardashian (who my Mom insists on calling Kardacian) was at my hotel. Which obviously means I'm the coolest.

Day 1:
Things I have learned in London so far:
1. The eye candy here is RIDICULOUS. So so many beautiful men!
2. The El Pirata tapas restaurant in Mayfair has amazing food.
3. Looking right happens much more often than looking left. Do with this information what you will.

Day Two has come to a close and here is what I have learned today:

1. Jersey Boys is a REDONKULOUSLY good show. Run. RUN to a theatre and see it. (Mom cried)
2. Yes, I WILL take roasted tomatoes every morning for breakfast.
3. The London cabbies are losing their minds because of how much the traffic sucks. Apparently the Queen's Jubilee and the Olympics are making the local traffic bonkers.

The end of Day Three and here is what I have learned:
1. Judi Dench is way awesome in person. Even when looking at her from inside a cab.
2. Dinner at the Dean Street Townhouse was RIDICULOUSLY good. Cheese and onion tart? AKA Roll yourself back to your hotel tart? I think so.
3. My UK editor is amazing, easy to talk to, and gorgeous. I felt like Greedo.










In book news. I have made Stolen Night and Infinite Days essential oils! I made them at the fantastic Fragrance Shop in NYC. I am going to do some giveaways for the UK release  (July 5!!) in a month or so. When I get back to the states from this incredible trip, I'll give those away along with an ARC!

More on the giveaways later...VIVA LONDON!

3 comments:

Kait said...

Sounds amazing. I would give up a limb for an ARC! And for the record, you're FAR cooler than Kim Kardassian. Haha. :]

Becky Weiner said...

OMG!!! I would LOVE and I do mean LOVE an ARC of STOLEN NIGHTS!!!! and I agree with Kait you are far cooler than Kim Kardassian!! :-) LOL

Written Melodies said...

I just have to get my hands on an ARC and those essential oils!

Post a Comment