Thursday, May 31, 2012

Aint No Party Like a Hathersage Party 'Cause a Hathersage Party Don't Stop!

Tonight I met the hottest bartender in Derbyshire. He smiled at me and delivered my pasta but that was the end of our love affair.

So where have I been? How did I get to Derbyshire? I left London went to Oxford, where I happened upon a set location from Harry Potter!







Looks familiar, yes? It's the tree where Draco is turned into a ferret in Order of the Phoenix. This was shot in New College (I believe), in the cloisters.

























Telling you the play by play of my trip would be tedious but here are the TOP THREE ODDITIES THAT HAVE OCCURED while in Oxford, Cotswolds, and Derbyshire (where I set Infinite Days).


TOP THREE OF MIDDLE ENGLAND:

1. Stopping in the middle of the road because a man was herding a bunch of sheep that had gotten lost on the way to Stanage Edge (google it).

2. Buying approximately 2 tons of Haddon Hall tea. The tea blend is RIDICULOUS.

3. My mom setting her napkin on fire last night at dinner. Best quote in reaction to the "fire":
Concierge: "Well, at least it wasn't the table."

Yea...go Mom. And the last picture I will leave you with is one of Hathersage, England, where I set Infinite Days. You won't see as much of Hathersage in Stolen Night but not to worry! More in Book 3!

1 comments:

Riv Re said...

"At least it wasn't the table."
Literal lol at that one.

Hathersage is gorgeous!

Post a Comment