Thursday, September 30, 2010

Infinite Days Query

I have had a few requests that I upload my query letter. This query letter was sent to one editor. The manuscript was requested and book deal followed. More stuff happened but that's TMI.

Here 'tis


Dear ____________,

Lenah Beaudonte is 592 years old. She’s an unabashed killer, who is revered for her cruelty in the vampire world. She’s just awakened at an American boarding school....

And she's mortal.

Through ancient magic, Lenah's wish of becoming human is granted. She abandons her taste for murder and blood to become a common high school student. In her first few days, she meets a popular, dare devil junior named Justin Enos, and they fall dangerously in love.

But Lenah's past has come back to haunt her...she was once a member of a ruthless coven that she created to decimate and murder. Lenah's coven, once they realize she is missing, send a warning. They're coming to find her. Lenah knows the coven will search the earth for her even if it means murder.

One more thing? They don't know she's human.

Infinite Days is my young adult novel which finishes at approximately 98,000 words. I have just finished my MA in fiction and am now pursuing an MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults. I’ve been a finalist in the Iowa Review as well as Glimmer Train magazine.

Would you be interested in taking a look at this manuscript?

Thank you,

Rebecca Maizel


Go forth!

7 comments:

Manda (Manda's Movements) said...

I'm not an author but I'm really curious as to how authors "sell" their books. Thanks for this. It makes me want to read Infinite Days again hehe.

Margarita said...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE! <3

Heather H. said...

Wow, amazing query! I always suck at writing these for my own books, so it's nice to see what one that worked looks like. :)

timestandstill said...

Awesome that you posted this I have a section in a notebook on querying and it's good to see variations, especially those that work. Thank you.

Riv Re said...

*moans* I NEED Stolen Nights.

WordCountMaximum said...

:) Thanks everyone! I'll post whatever I can that might be helpful to others!

Caitlin said...

I haven't written one of those yet... But I can already feel it. I'll do a sucky job.

Post a Comment