Friday, December 4, 2009

I had one of the best days of my life in NYC this past Monday. I met my agent, Matt who is funny, generous and extremely nice. He bought me a veggie quesadilla and we discussed existential crises. :) Then we met my editor at St. Martin's Press and she was gracious, invested and gave Matt and me candy. M&Ms, actually. They tasted wonderful on my 900 hour drive back to Rhode Island in rush hour traffic. So did the Crumbs bakery cup cakes I brought back for my boyfriend and family.

It's an incredible experience to meet an agent, editor and publisher who not only want to talk to you but like your written work. I never imagined myself in this position and every day that I wake up and get to work on the edits of Warm Days (now tentatively titled) I feel lucky and grateful.

So what's the plan? I work on "WD" for another month or so, flesh out some parts that need a little tweaking and then it goes back to St. Martin's where I suppose the wheels will start turning. I'll keep you updated as I know more but for right now, I'll keep smiling as I work on Lenah's story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment